New Doha International Airport was one of the largest giant development projects in the State of Qatar, enabling the State to display an active role in supporting air traffic movement and strengthening its position on the map of the global air travel industry. The new airport is designed on huge area that equals a quarter of the old Doha city to promote and play a central role in national economy as the new airport can handle 50 million passengers per year and 2 million of cargo and 320,000 takeoff and landings.
CEM Estero S.p.A. has been awarded to work with Permasteelisa Gartner Qatar (PGQ) for Overseas Bechtel, Incorporated (OBI) / PARSONS / NDIA Steering Committee, Employer of the aforementioned project to perform the WORKS comprise of the following activities:
- Installation of Airport Counters and Millworks (CP68)
- Design and Construction of MEPF for Airport Lounges (CP133) and QDF shops
- Installation of Glazed Walls for Airport Lounges (CP133) and construction of QA2 Lounge including civil, architectural and structural works
Scope of work
Design and Construction of MEPF for Airport Lounges (CP133) and Qatar Duty Free shops; installation of glazed walls for Airport Lounges (CP133) and construction of QA2 Lounge including civil, architectural and structural works; installation of Airport Counters and Millworks (CP68).
Period of work
From August 2011 to November 2014
New Doha International Airport
Permasteelisa Gartner Qatar
Value of the contract
79,5 mln/QAR equal to 21,8 mln/USD
- Information Desk: 37 no.
- Customs Insp./ Counters: 7 no.
- Passport Control Counters: 129 no.
- Customs Office, Visa & Immigration: 9 no.
- Hold Room counters: 206 no.
- VCN Hotel room counters: 98 no.
- Cart Storage type 1 &2: 20 no.
- Bus Pavilion Counter: 13 no.
- Doors, Cabinet, Gate: 218 no
- QAS OPS counters: 31 no.
- Customs Counters: 1 no.
- Security Ticket Counters: 34 no.
- Currency/Recep. Counters: 14 no.
- Kiosk-Internet/Phone: 247 no.
Metal Structural Works:
- Kiosk Structures: 6 no.
- M2 Frame Structures: 8 no.
- Air Supply Towers: 13 no.
- Guard Rails: 35 no.
- Guard Rails with glass: 10 no.